Our Rooms and Suites
Pick a room that best suits your taste and budget
NOTE: Individual beds in the 1820 Suite (which sleeps five guests) and the River View East Room and River View West Room (which each sleep two guests) may be reserved hostel-style beginning at 6:00 a.m. in the morning if the room has not been rented privately for the evening. The individual beds are reserved on a first-come/first-serve basis: advance reservations are not offered. Beds in the River View East and River View West rooms are $40 plus tax. Beds in the 1820 Suite are $35 plus tax. If these rooms are rented hostel-style, hiker backpacks and boots must be left on the porch. Bags for the contents of backpacks and flip-flops are provided.
- DINING: Meals are not included in the price of the room, but meals, beverages, ice cream, and other snacks may be purchased from the Marketplace Country Store and Self-Serve Café, which is equipped with fridges, freezers, toaster oven, toaster, microwaves, a stove and oven, ice-maker, coffeemakers, dishes, etc. for your use. NOTE: Each room is equipped with a fridge (about 3.5 cubic feet), microwave, coffeemaker, and complimentary coffee and tea.
- WiFi: INTERNET: WiFi available. Two laptops available to guests
- HVAC: AC window units, ceiling fans, fans, baseboard heaters, space heaters
- BATHROOMS: Custom-designed, slate-tile private bathrooms en suite or near room except for River View East and River View West rooms, which share a bathroom. Robes are provided in rooms with non-en suite bathrooms.
- DECOR: Furnished in the style of nearby museum “Stipes Boarding House” (part of the Harpers Ferry National Historic Park)
- NOISE: The Inn is in the middle of the quiet village. The Amtrak/CSX railway is a block away. The Mountain House features exposed rafters with little insulation to muffle noise between the three levels of the House.
- COMMON AREAS: The Patios that surround the Houses and the Parlor in the Heritage House and the Marketplace Country Store & Self-Serve Café in the Mountain House are available for guests.
- PETS: Pets are allowed only in the 1820 Suite, 1840 Suite, and the Friendship Suite. The pet fee is $30/night/pet. Pets are not allowed on the furniture and in the beds. You will be charged for pet-related damage.
Details on Guest Rooms and Common Areas
The below room descriptions include the regular price per day. (Note: We rarely offer discounts from May through October, because the Inn is generally fully booked at regular prices — but we are always willing to review the immediate circumstances and perhaps decide otherwise 🙂
MOUNTAIN HOUSE (circa 1820)
1820 Suite ($200 regular price ~ king bed ~ 4 twin beds ~ 2 sofas ~ space for Intex Airbeds ~ en suite bathroom)
Friendship Suite ($170 regular price ~ queen bed, twin day bed, twin trundle bed, sofa, space for an an Intex Airbed ~ en suite bathroom)
Reception Hall, Marketplace Country Store & Self-Serve Café ~ Bathrooms for the Mountain View and River View rooms ~ Public Restroom ~ Balcony ~ Back Porch
Mountain View Room ($130 regular price ~ queen bed ~ private bathroom 2nd floor)
River View East Room ($80 ~ Bunk Beds: full on bottom ~ twin on top
River View West Room ($80 ~ 2 twin beds)
Guests in these rooms share a bathroom on 2nd floor.
If not rented privately, beds in the River View rooms are rented hostel-style at $40/bed beginning at 6:00 a.m. on a first-come/first-serve basis.
HERITAGE HOUSE (circa 1840)
Caretakers’ Living Quarters
Potomac Room ($145 regular price ~ queen-size bed ~ twin-size day bed ~ twin-size trundle bed ~ space for an Intex Airbed ~ private bathroom down the hall)
Appalachian Room ($155 regular price ~ queen-size bed, space for an Intex Airbed ~ en suite bathroom with slate tile soaking tub)
Shenandoah Room ($145 regular price ~ 2 queen-size beds ~ space for an Intex Airbed ~ private bathroom on the 2nd Floor)
Parlor (common area for all three guest rooms ~ no charge ~ can possibly be reserved for private social gatherings or additional lodging using Intex Airbeds)