(Almost Heaven) Health & Heritage Adventure Academy
See the Sessions Catalog, full program outline, and other printable forms at bottom of page.
Bring your students, group, family or self to the (Almost Heaven) Health & Heritage Adventure Academy!
Learn. Explore. Experience. Enjoy.
Enjoy lessons, tours, and activities led by both the staff of The Town’s Inn and local teachers, doctors, historians, artists, artisans, guest speakers, and other knowledgeable, talented, and skilled residents of Jefferson County who partner with the Academy specifically for the purpose of providing students with a customized educational experience.
The Academy provides:
- Morning, Afternoon, and Evening Sessions involving workshops, tours, games, crafts, sports, and other activities focused on:
- Health: Sessions address overall well-being: physical, intellectual, spiritual, social, and emotional health.
- Heritage: Sessions address history, economics, civics, culture, and more.
Ideal for individuals, couples, and small groups of students of all ages, including:
- Church and Youth Groups
- Other clubs and student organizations
- “Seasoned” (senior) citizens
[ click on image to view the HHAA Flyer (PDF) ]
- 6-8 a.m. Breakfast
- 8 a.m. Sessions: Tours, Seminars, Workshops, Sports
- Noon Lunch/Free Time
- 2 p.m. Sessions: Tours, Seminars, Workshops, Sports
- 5 p.m. Free Time/Independent Study
- 6 p.m. Dinner
- 8 p.m. Evening Program/Free Time
- 10 p.m. Lights Out (for students under age 18)
Join us for the Adventure!
To sign up to teach a session at the Academy, see the brief Information for Instructors overview, and then print and fill out the Instructor Application Form and Session Plan Form(s) to submit to Dr. Karan Townsend (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Academy invites skill, talent, and experience from a broad range of health or heritage related topics. Be our next guest speaker or tour guide!